Project involved the Design and Construction 33kv Electrical Substation to accommodate DNO Contestable Switch Board & 33kv Private Switchboard / Transformer to include G59 protection scheme. There was also close interface with WPD as there was a requirement for major reinforcement works within the National Grid 132Kv Primary Sub -station with a requirement for WPD to build a new 132/33Kv bay within the East Claydon sub-station POC site. The Contestable Cabling involved a an underground installation of 8kms of 33kv distribution & 24SM Fibre Pilot cabling to serve the new EFW generating 25MW.
Scheme was particularly challenging as the cable route went through a very sensitive country estate with livestock and stud horse management. It also involved a BAPA Network Rail Engineering agreement in order to directional drill under a rail line that was also being proposed for the new HS2 link. DNO and Private switch gear was designed and installed into combined customer bespoke substation.
- Design of Contestable & Private side - 33kv substation for incoming cable route, to include for electrical calculations for cabling and switch gear sizing, showing calculated losses, design earthing arrangement and protection arrangement.
- Design & Construction of a new combined DNO & Private approved substation & housing to include construction of concrete plinth to accommodate flood protection.
- Contestable Installation & commissioning of 33Kv &24SM Fibre Pilot underground cables between Major National Grid point of connection and customer intake substation in the middle of a very busy and tight site.
- Cable route installation involved very careful planning as the 8kms involved sensitive countryside estate areas and many types of ramblers and council footpaths / rights of ways, many tenant farmers livestock & fields and a major specialist horse stud farm
- Weather conditions and planning of timings of route were critical to all 3rd parties and the countryside environment along the very long agricultural cable route.
- Route involved a BAPA network rail engineering design for the installation of a directional drill under a network rail line which needed to accommodate the new proposed HS2 line.
- Contestable & Private Supply and Install o0 33kvV switchgear, suitable protection relays, test plugs, emergency trip button, Battery and Charger & Multicore cabling
- Commissioning and testing to include for the provision of test reports, as laids & certificates.