Project involved the Design and Construction of a 11kv Grid contestable connection comprising of cable route Switchgear & substation build. The Electricity works was to serve a Maximum Export Capacity of 4,000KVA of PV generation.
Timescales of the build were very tight, the full build works started very late in December with connection energisation completed at the beginning of the following March. It was particularly challenging as the cable route went along a very narrow country lane and through a small village which was already heavily congested with utility infrastructure services.
- Electricity contestable installation & commissioning of 11Kv connection
- Switchgear -Schneider Ring Main Unit RN6C-T1/21 Coupled to a Metering Unit MU6-N7/16.
- 1300m of cabling was a 300mm2 triplex copper EPR 11kV underground cable
- Substation below ground earthing installation
- Design & construction of a new DNO approved substation of a concrete plinth with a GRP enclosure housing.
- Cable route installation involved very careful planning and the execution of a late environmental study during the build of the route which caused cable route being diverted at very late stage due to wild life species in the near vicinity
- Commissioning and testing to include for the provision of test reports, as laids & certificates.