Project involved the Design and Construction of a 11kv Electrical Substation to accommodate the DNO Contestable Switch Gear. An underground installation of 5.5kms of 11kv distribution & Pilot cabling to serve a new 4.6mw wind farm.
Scheme was particularly challenging as the cable route went through Cowdenbeath a busy town centre and involved a complicated directional drill under the A92 which is a busy Dual Carriageway under the Scottish Highways Agency jurisdiction and also proving cabling works under a rail bridge within the town centre area.
- Design of Contestable - SPEN 11Kv substation for incoming cable route, to include for electrical calculations for cabling and switch gear sizing, showing calculated losses, design earthing arrangement, protection arrangement.
- Design & Construction of a new combined DNO & Private approved GRP Substation housing to include construction of concrete plinth.
- Installation & Construction was carried out on very busy roads. Safety and planning were paramount with commercial & residential traffic passing frequently due to existing business still functioning.
- Contestable Installation & commissioning of 11Kv & Pilot underground cables between point of connection and customer intake substation including.
- Cable route installation involved very careful planning of streetworks activity as the 5.5kms involved varied landscape including residential parklands.
- Route involved a complicated design and installation of a directional drill under a Scottish highways maintained dual carriageway.
- Contestable Supply and Install of SPEN 11kV switchgear, suitable protection relays, testplugs, emergency trip button, Battery and Charger & Multicore cabling.
- Commissioning and testing to include for the provision of test reports, as laids & certificates.